What’s The Most Important Business Lesson You Learned in 2011? - DailyBlogTips |
| What’s The Most Important Business Lesson You Learned in 2011? Posted: 08 Mar 2012 10:08 AM PST I am curious to know what business lesson you learned in 2011 that you consider the most important one. Feel free to share it with a comment below (I might compile the answers into another post, so stay tuned). For me it would be this one: formal education can make a difference. I used to have a rogue approach to education. That is, I used to think that if you had enough discipline and were willing to put enough effort you would be able to learn anything by yourself, either with books or with online courses and material (very few exceptions made, like learning how to perform a kidney surgery…). A couple of years ago I started learning to program, and sure enough I figured I could teach it to myself. My progress was pretty good, but just for the sake of making sure I wasn’t missing anything I decided to enroll into a Computer Science degree on a local university. Guess what. It turns out I was missing A LOT of stuff by trying to teach everything myself. The very first classes I attended expanded my horizons and gave me a much better idea of what the computer science and programming field was about. In other words, it made clear to me all that I didn’t know but that could be useful to me in future projects. Bottom line: formal education can have a huge value if you approach it the right way. What about you, what important lesson did you learn in 2011? Original Post: What’s The Most Important Business Lesson You Learned in 2011? |
| You are subscribed to email updates from Daily Blog Tips To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. | Email delivery powered by Google |
| Google Inc., 20 West Kinzie, Chicago IL USA 60610 | |



0 comments:
Post a Comment