Click " Skip Ads " to view this page

Saferich.biz
Watch TVKim.com Search Komando.com 1,000 + Free Downloads Shop Kim's Store More Free Tips
Kim Komando
Kim KomandoSign-up for Kim's Club Now

Week of February 27 - March 3

QUESTION

Hi Kim. My friends have been telling me to delete the search history from my Google account before it's too late. I guess Google is changing its privacy policy soon. I don't know how to do that and I'm not even sure I should be concerned. I know you'll give me the straight story, though. Thanks!
-Matt of Rochester, NY, listens to my national radio show on WHAM 1180 AM.

ANSWER

I'd say a little concern is warranted. Google has been thumbing its nose at online privacy lately. The search giant recently admitted bypassing the privacy controls in the Web browsers Safari and Internet Explorer. Google did it to track users' online activity and generate advertising revenue. In case you didn't know, Google records all the search terms you enter. Your search history can reveal a lot about you: your location, hobbies, age, health problems, religion and more.

If you don't want Google recording that information, I can tell you how to turn off Web history and wipe the information that's already there. >>

QUESTION

Hi Kim. I'm looking for a laser printer/copier for heavy home use. My wife likes to make cards and needs a color printer for that. Should we buy a color laser printer or keep our inkjet as a second printer? What are your thoughts? Thanks for your help and time.
-David of Greencastle, PA, listens to my national radio show on WEEO 103.7 FM.

ANSWER

The answer depends on how your wife plans to use your printer. If she's making photo greeting cards and postcards on premium paper stock, you should definitely keep that inkjet printer. Even the best color laser printers struggle to print convincing photos, and you don't want your photos to look sloppy. For non-photo color graphics on standard paper, a color laser printer works fine. However, the unit will cost you more than double what a black-and-white, or monochrome, model will cost.

Laser printer costs are finally in reach for home businesses. But can a color laser printer replace your tried-and-true inkjet? Read on to find out. >>

QUESTION

Hi, Kim. Thanks for explaining technology so well. I have a Mac and am thinking about using iCloud for storage. I also hear you talk about Carbonite for backup. What's the difference between iCloud and Carbonite?
-Joe, from St. Charles, IL, listens to my national radio show on WLS 890 AM.

ANSWER

On the surface, iCloud and Carbonite appear to be similar. They're both cloud services that hold your data. However, there are a couple of big differences between the two. The most basic difference is that they're meant for completely different uses.

Read on to learn more about how Carbonite and iCloud differ and what that means for you. >>

QUESTION

I recently read an article in the paper (yes, I still read a daily newspaper) about a couple of websites that claim to analyze a person's various holdings in financial or brokerage accounts. The sites then recommend changes based on performance, risk tolerances and so forth. What bothers me is their need for my usernames and passwords for "read-only" access. Everything in me says no way, but apparently thousands of people are confident and do as instructed. Of course, these sites maintain that my data is perfectly safe. In a world with rampant identity theft, it seems counterintuitive to willingly disclose this information. I'm sure there are some sites that individuals can trust, but how does one verify that the security they promise is real?
-Walt of Port Angeles, WA, listens to my national radio show on KONP 1450 AM.

ANSWER

Excellent question, Walt! And don't worry about reading a daily newspaper; my weekly column appears in newspapers all across the country. I'm glad someone is reading! Let's talk about your concerns for a bit. Even though it doesn't seem like it, there are actually two questions you brought up, and I'll take them in order. The first question is why an analysis site might need your usernames and passwords for "read-only" access to financial accounts. The answer is that there's no other way for it to access the information it needs.

Continue on to learn more about financial account security. Don't choose a financial service without reading this. >>

QUESTION

I'm really looking forward to buying an iPad 3 when it comes out. If I'm going to buy one, however, I need some extra money, so I thought I'd sell my iPad 2. Where would be a good place to sell it?
-Jake from Los Angeles, CA, listens to my national radio show on KABC 790 AM.

ANSWER

You're not alone in that thought, Jake. People are rushing to unload their iPad 2s in advance of the iPad 3, which is driving down the selling price. So, be aware that you might not make as much as you hope. Still, this is a good time to do it. Once the iPad 3 drops, Apple will probably cut the price on the iPad 2. That will depress the market for used iPads even further.

Read on to find out how to get the best price for your used iPad 2. >>

You Need to Know:

Become a YouTube expert

There's more to YouTube than just uploading video. Become an online video expert with these handy tricks and shortcuts.

Watch it now at TVKim.com! >>

Save money on printer ink and paper

One of the biggest costs associated with computer use is printing.

Fortunately, there are plenty of great ways to save money on ink and paper. >>

The text: Find it fast links. Daily Freebies @ komando.com with a curved arrow pointing to komando.com
Bullet in the form of a curved arrowApp of the Day

As the presidential election season heats up, there is an increasing deluge of news and information. These apps will help you wade through the flood.
CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT MORE >>

Bullet in the form of a curved arrowNews of the Day

Keep up to date on all things digital with the Daily News at Komando.com. You'll find easy, fast video news releases, too!
CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT MORE >>

Bullet in the form of a curved arrowCool Site of the Day

There's no worse feeling in the world than losing track of your child in a crowd. Here's an ingenious way to help you find your child again.
CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT MORE >>

Bullet in the form of a curved arrowFREE Download of the Day

It's late Sunday and your child runs out of specialty paper needed for that important homework assignment. This site will save the day.
CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT MORE >>

Bullet in the form of a curved arrowKim's Weekly Column

Many people enjoy the RV lifestyle. But would you spend $100,000 or more before learning if it's the life for you? I'll show you a better way to find the answer - online, of course.
CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT MORE >>

Bullet in the form of a curved arrowVideo of the Day

Turning 100 calls for a celebration. Dana Jackson made her centennial birthday extra-special by marrying Bill Stauss, 87. Like a big slice of wedding cake, this video is a treat!
CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT MORE >>

advertisement

Relax & Restore with Carbonite!

 

advertisement

iHealth Blood Pressure Monitor

Japan's digital pop star

Play

JAPAN'S DIGITAL POP STAR

She's cute, funny and can sing. The only problem is that she's not real. Watch now to learn more about virtual pop stars.

An unexpected passenger

Play

KIM'S VIDEO FAVORITES: AN UNEXPECTED PASSENGER

I've heard of the movie Snakes on a Plane. It's a terrifying idea. However, this video shows that any loose animal on a plane can cause havoc. I'm glad this has never happened on one of my flights.

3-in-1 image scanner with LCD screen

Buy

3-IN-1 IMAGE SCANNER WITH LCD SCREEN

Convert your photos, slides, and negatives to high quality digital files, no PC needed

Sponsored Links

Get FREE samples today

Protect your privacy. Darken a room. Reduce glare on your TV. I did with Blinds.com! Order your free samples today! Use promo code Kim to save 10%.

blinds.com

Get 2 FREE months of Carbonite

I trust my photos, files, and memories to Carbonite Online Backup. You should too. Hard drives die. You need a backup. Sign up now for your free 15-day trial. No credit card required. Get 2 months free if you decide to buy.

carbonite.com/kim

One call can lower your mortgage today

Keep money in your pocket. Take advantage of today's low interest rates. Call Quicken Loans at 1-800-QUICKEN. Or use their online tools. Equal housing lender.

quickenloans.com/home-loans

Access Your Mac or PC from Anywhere

The world's best remote access software now gives you access to all your files and applications on your computer from your iPad! Try GoToMyPC FREE for 45 days!

gotomypc.com/s/kim

Treat yourself to Kim's Club!

Join my Club and get entered in Great Giveaway automatically every day! Watch my show live or on-demand! Listen on your schedule. Have your questions answered on my message board and more. All for less than $5 per month. I know you'll love it.

komando.com/kimsclub

advertisement

Shop Kim's store gadgets, gizmos, and more!
Not a Member of Kim's Club yet?
Join Kim's Club today!

Follow me on the web
FacebookTwitterYoutube

Advertise | Advertiser Comments | Sign Up for our Email Alerts | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions

To unsubscribe or modify your subscription, use our online form.

Copyright © 2012 Weststar Digital Audio, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Please add kimstipreply@lyris.komando.com to your address book ensure Kim's emails reach your inbox.

To view this email as a Web page, go here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top